In which I attempt to watch every film in The Criterion Collection and end up watching a lot that aren't. Click here for the rating system.

Tuesday

Le Million

"La dee da!" №¢

I can't tell this film apart from this film. They are clones in my mind. And I don't suppose it helped much that I watched them back to back. Now there is probably no chance that I will ever be able to distinguish one from the other.
I think in this one there was a lottery ticket in question and it ends with everybody dancing in a big line while telling the story to some old men peering through the roof. But other than that, I don't rememebr much.
I have watched a lot of French films in the last several months. A lot. And when this one comes along and is called René Clair's comic triumph, I feel bad. Because once again, it just wasn't that funny. Laugh Out Loud is not the term I'd use for this film (or most of the films in that particular Criterion category).

Favorite Moments: I'm afraid I'll just mention something from that other film, so I'm not going to bother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web stats