In which I attempt to watch every film in The Criterion Collection and end up watching a lot that aren't. Click here for the rating system.

Wednesday

The Honeymoon Killers

"I didn't kill her! You must've done it."

The first thing I thought when I saw this movie was, "The acting sucks." Which is true. It does. But for some reason, it's still a good movie. It works somehow to have the obese, but beautiful Shirley Stoler shouting her lines like a trailer-trash prima donna. Somehow the amateurish nature of the acting makes it more believable.
Based on a true story, Honeymoon Killers documents the events of the famed "Lonely Hearts" murderers on their cross-country rampage during the 40's.

Favorite Moments: I'm not sure "favorite" is the right word to use here, but this film certainly stands out in the memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web stats