In which I attempt to watch every film in The Criterion Collection and end up watching a lot that aren't. Click here for the rating system.

Wednesday

INTRODUCTION

OK, this should be fairly sloppy at first so buckle down. In the last eight months I have watched 200 some films. This is partly because I have no life and partly because I'm just so damn curious about everything. My true goal is to watch the entire Criterion Collection which I would have done by now if the bastards weren't adding films every other day. Just when I think I'm getting somewhere they've dug up yet another Ingmar Bergman film from the Swedish psyche and popped it on their website with enticing tidbits. Despite this, I am halfway to my goal (right now) and I thought I should take some time to condense my greedily assembled knowledge on the web for the benefit of fellow film troglodytes or just the odd browser-by. (You know who you are.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Worldgineer said...

Why have I never seen a single movie you've posted? I hereby request a rating system, from, say, 2 to 7, to let us know how well you liked each one.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger k_sra said...

Fair enough. My brother suggested much the same thing. The reason I'm watching these films at all is because I've never watched them myself. So I am not surprised that few others have. Sadly, this does make my task a bit ridiculous. But please bear in mind that I do these reviews as much for my own benefit as anyone else's. I'm afraid I'm going to forget all the tidbits from the last eight months. I will work out a rating system presently.

7:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
web stats